September 19, 2019
Thursday, September 19th
Diamond Team Field Trip-Bowlling
Opal Team to Camp Sloper
Friday, September 20th
Topaz Team Field Trip- Bowling
- All students: Do you like to design things? Build from your designs? Win trophies? Then the Technology Student Association(TSA) is for you! Students are challenged with research, design and modeling projects such as CO2 dragsters, gliders, digital photography, video production, animation, designing video games, websites, construction projects and more. Over 28 activities are available! TSA is open to all students and begins tomorrow after school in Room 203 with Ms. Lukas from 3:00-4:00.
- Introducing The KP Fandom, a monthly science fiction book club. Do you like Space Opera? Dystopian fiction? Ecofiction? If so, please join The Fandom on Monday October 14th from 3-4 in the KP Library where we'll eat snacks, introduce ourselves, and choose our first book!
- In honor of Hispanic Heritage Month which is celebrated September 15 to October 15, gives us a special opportunity to highlight the importance of Hispanic leadership contributions to communities throughout the United States. This year we are broadening our horizons by offering some special activities which will be announced soon. However, we also want to hear from you, our KP parent/Caregiver community. We invite you to share your cultural expertise with us. Our intention is to help show, in ways large and small, how Hispanic-Americans have helped shape the United States and make it into the diverse and dynamic nation it is today.
Please join us. Contact us to share your time, talents, background or whatever you would like to offer to celebrate and honor Hispanic culture and heritage with our students, staff and families.
- Do you love to read? Do you love trivia? Then Kids Lit may be the club for you! Come and learn more at our first meeting on Thursday, September 26, 2019 in Mrs. Harrell's room, room #11. All are welcome!
- Chess club will be starting September 26th and run Thursday in the Library from 6;30pm-7:30pm. Please see the office for a registration form.
KP Science Club returns for another exciting season. You can build a robot, program an autonomous vehicle, enter the CT Science & Engineering Fair. Please get an application from your science teacher or Mr. Felekey in Room 122. First club meeting is Friday, September 27 in Room 222. We meet approximately every other Friday. bring a friend!
Girls Who Code is growing! If you would like to "Code today, change tomorrow" get your application from your science teacher or Mr. Felekey in Room 122. First meeting is Friday, September 27 in the Library Computer Lab. You will be amazed at what you can do with coding.
This week’s Learning Lab is Monday/Thursday
Lunch : Nachos Grande, Seasoned Meat and Cheese Sauce, Lettuce, Salsa, and Sour Cream, Steamed Corn, and Assorted Fruits and Vegetables
Bus Duty 9/16-9/20 D. Smith, Lillie, Fisher, Bannon, W.Yao, DeWitt, Heavren