Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) Committee
Welcome to the Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Committee page of King Philip Middle School. Please read on to find out what EDI does with KP and also how you can help advance our mission.
The Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Committee at King Philip Middle School aims to enable all students and adults in the KP Community to feel seen, heard, understood, and welcome to be active participants during their KP experience.
The EDI Committee at KP will collaborate with KP community members to ensure education and experiences are offered in an equitable, diverse, and inclusive manner. The aim will be to remove roadblocks to access, to encourage safe, open communication between families and staff, and to provide opportunities for further understanding of the benefits and broad applicability of an EDI lens in the educational setting.
2022-2023 EDI Leader: Soraya Hintz
EDI Administration Liaison: Justin Gusy, firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, concerns or comments for the EDI Committee at KP, please email us at EDIKP2022@gmail.com. If you have an equity, diversity, or inclusion issue that you would rather report anonymously, please use the anonymous reporting found here: Anonymous Alerts - (whps.org)
EDI Completed Projects in 2022-2023
- Distributed donation lists to support students
- Creating three rotating bulletin boards at KP
- Presenting EDI Spotlights at monthly staff meetings
- Supporting staff lessons, projects, and classroom setup when asked
- Reviewing messaging from KP with an EDI lens when asked
- Assisting Fern Street Backpack Program
- Providing clearer information on access to clinical and counseling support services
- Providing an EDI lens in PTO proceedings and practice
- Engaging in collaborative EDI efforts with other schools in WHPS
- Creating and giving a 30 minute presentation to the entire student body by grade on EDI
- Creating, distributing, and aggregating the anonymous EDI Climate Survey for KP Caregivers (online)
- Creating, distributing, and aggregating the anonymous EDI Climate Survey for KP Students (hard copy)
EDI at KP Monthly Committee Meetings
7:00-8:30pm in the KP Library and virtually
12/20/22 Virtual only