Art Brochure (pdf)
The visual arts curriculum encompasses the four components of Comprehensive Art Education (Discipline Based Art Education), art production, art history, aesthetics, and art criticism which encourage students to see and think about the world from different perspectives. Every student is entitled to a quality education in the visual arts. Such an education will provide students with the means to:
- Value art as an important realm of human activity, and a lifelong source of insight and understanding
- Offer self-reflective opportunities focusing on expression and development of personal style
- Provide opportunities to develop interpersonal skills through collaborative work
- Improve perceptual skills and strengthen their knowledge base
- Enhance their critical and creative thinking abilities as well as problem solving skills
- Develop visual literacy skills
- Broaden their career opportunities and possible application
- Foster development of 21st century skills
Course offerings provide guided learning experiences with two-dimensional and three-dimensional art forms and concepts. A variety of subject matter, materials, tools and production techniques are explored. The courses encourage students to make connections with other disciplines through class discussions, assignments, research, readings, lectures, guest speakers and field trips.
Drawing I, II
Painting I, II
Sculpture I, II
Survey of Visual Arts Processes,Media and Techniques I, II
Design in Everyday Life: A Personal Perspective
Design in Everyday Life: A Global Perspective
AP Studio Art
CONARD ART IN THE COMMUNITY
Conard Student's Artwork on Display at High School, Inc.
Jensun Yonjan Wins first Place Prize in the 31st Annual Congressional Art Competition
Ryan Martin and Jensun Yonjan Recognized for Excellence at Connecticut Association of Schools Awards Banquet
Conard Art Department recognized two outstanding seniors, Ryan Martin and Jensun Yonjan, for their excellence in the visual arts at the Connecticut Association of Schools annual awards dinner on April 1, 2013.