|Responsible students demonstrate:|
- Perseverance-sticking to an activity even if it’s hard or takes along time; not giving up or quitting before you have finished even if others have; picking yourself up even if you know you won’t win.
- Trustworthiness-doing what is right so people can depend on you;doing what you say you will do in the time you say you will do it;keeping your word and promises;earning people’s trust, so they can count on you
- Responsibility-being accountable for your words and actions
Respectful students demonstrate:
- Caring-showing understanding for the needs of others; doing what you can to make others feel good;being kind, giving and thoughtful; putting people’s needs before your own
- Self Discipline-having control over your emotions, words and actions;thinking before you speak or act;taking good care of yourself and your body;making safe, kind and respectful choices
Good citizens demonstrate:
- Integrity-doing what is right even if it is difficult; standing up for what you believe in; showing confidence in doing right even when others are doing wrong;keeping your word and doing what you promise you will do
- Fairness-making sure that others are treated as you would want to be treated;playing by the rules so everyone is treated the same;taking turns, sharing & listening to others without interrupting;recognizing that age and responsibility allow different rights.
- Honesty-always telling the truth no matter how difficult it might be;not taking things that do not belong to you without asking permission;returning things that belong to others;doing your own work and not look at other students’ answers
Thank you to designer Erik Carlson for the KP Rooted & Big Rocks logos!